The Foster Parent Association (FPA) is a membership of Foster Parents of CASNPS, governed by an elected executive body of members. The Foster Parent Association offers support, guidance and training in conjunction with the Society.
Our FPA is continually striving to provide our fellow Foster Parents with the resources and networking abilities needed to grow healthy and happy children. The needs and demands placed on our Foster Parents are constantly evolving based on the needs of the children we care for. Thus we need to be flexible and innovative. The Foster Parent Association is: A place to network! A place to learn! A place to be part of a larger family!
The mandate of The Foster Parent Association Nipissing-Parry Sound
- To represent the interests of the Foster Parents Association (FPA) members within the CAS and the Foster Parent Society of Ontario (FPSO).
- Promote good communication and working relationships between Resource Parents and the Nipissing-Parry Sound Children’s Aid Society.
- Provide structure through monthly and yearly meetings of the FPA
- Provide information and tools for the FPA and its membership through education
- Provide and portray a positive image of and for the FPA and membership in the community
- Provide and portray a positive image of the Nipissing-Parry Sound Children’s Aid Society & Children Services in the community
- Seek representation on Nipissing-Parry Sound Children’s Aid Society Committees in relation to Standards, Guidelines, and Training as to protect and act in the best interests of Foster Parents, Foster Children within the Resource Homes
- To provide a forum for Resource Families to meet on a regular basis and to discuss/debate mutual issues regarding policies and procedures within the foster care program